Enjoyment of the coming summer weather, and plans to tackle one of the main projects on Maiweh: getting a self-steering wind vane up and running. We also try out some new d.i.y. filming methods, and share more liveaboard cooking!
Cockpit Sushi Recipe:
You will need – 1 salmon – 1 cup rice – several tablespoons rice vinegar seasoning (or combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt) – several tbsp wasabi powder – several tbsp soy sauce – 1 leek (and/or other veggies) – fresh or package seaweed – fresh water.
1. Catch one salmon.
2. Start the rice as soon as possible. Rinse/wash it thoroughly, until water runs clear.
3. Stir several tbsp of sushi seasoning (or rice vinegar, salt, and sugar) into cooling rice.
4. Mix a bit of wasabi powder with soy sauce.
5. Cut strips of cleaned leek (and/or other available vegetables such as avocado, carrots, etc).
6. Filet and cut strips of fresh salmon.
7. Have some water available to roll seaweed.
8. Spread the seasoned rice onto seaweed, as well as salmon and veggies, using a bit of water to seal the roll as you close it.
9. Cut into sushi pieces and enjoy! Dip with remainder of wasabi, hot sauce, or whatever interesting bottles of sauce that might be found in your bilge.